Truvy’s beauty salon, Chinquapin, Louisiana, where all the ladies who are ‘anybody’ come to have their hair done. Helped by her eager new assistant, Annelle, the outspoken, wise-cracking Truvy dispenses shampoos and free advice to all who cross her path: including the town’s rich curmudgeon, Ouiser; an eccentric millionaire, Miss Clairee; and the local social leader, M’Lynn, whose daughter, Shelby, is about to marry a “good ole boy”. Filled with hilarious repartee and not a few acerbic but humourously revealing verbal collisions, the play draws on the underlying strength – and love – of these women, which give it, and it’s characters, the special quality to make them truly touching, funny and marvelously amiable company in good times and bad.
- Beverly Stuart-Cole as Truvy Jones
- Dawn Flint as Annelle Dupuy-Desoto
- Val Bacon as Clairee Belcher
- Laura Chandler as Shelby Eatenton-Latcherie
- Margaret Leslie as M’Lynn Eatenton
- Janet Slade as Ouiser Boudreaux