At the time the play opens the world has just emerged from the horrors of the Great War. A party is in progress to celebrate a Conway daughter’s 21st birthday and to toast a glorious future for all the Conways.
On to Act 2 and it is just before World War 2 and 19 years later. We see what has happened to the Conways and how events have shaped them in the intervening years.
Then back to the party in Act 1 and we can see our family as they were but with our personal knowledge of what cards they have been dealt and how life has treated them. This is a compelling play, full of insight.
- Maureen Casket as Mrs Conway
- Duncan Battman as Alan Conway
- Pam Nolan as Madge Conway
- John Keen as Robin Conway
- Rachel Forrest as Hazel Conway
- Tracey Clapham as Kay Conway
- Becky Wright as Carol Conway
- Jenny Panton as Joan Helford
- Paul Shaw as Ernest Beevers
- Richard Frost as Gerald Thornton