From the “New York Times” – “A Little Night Music” is heady, civilised,sophisticated and enchanting. The music is an orgy of memorable waltzes and then, of course, there are breathtaking lyrics, the kind of sassy poetry that Cole Porter used to write.
Based on the film “Smiles of a Summer Night”, “A Little Night Music” tells of the middle-aged actress Desiree Armfeldt’s attempts, presided over by her formidable mother, to rid herself of one lover in order to marry another.
The show has gained an enviable roster of trophies: Best Music, Best Lyrics, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actress, as well as those for staging, costumes and choreography, and has been revived many times, most recently at the National Theatre in 1995 with Judi Dench and Sian Phillips as Desiree and Madame Armfeldt.
- Maureen Casket as Madame Armfeldt
- Carole Carr as Desiree Armfeldt
- Jenny Panton as Fredrika Armfeldt
- Allan Taylor as Fredric Egerman
- Nina Williamson as Anne Egerman
- Andrew Higson as Henrick Egerman
- Wayne Holt as Count Carl-Magnus Malcolm
- Angela Wetherill as Countess Charlotte Malcolm
- Dawn Flint as Petra, the Egerman’s maid
- Martin Creevey as Frid, Madame Armfeldt’s butler
- Donna Gadsby Westlake as Malla
- Michael Gadsby as Bertrand
- David Richardson as Mr Lindquist
- Anne Chandler as Mrs Nordstrom
- Sarah Taylor as Mrs Anderssen
- David Leathlean as Mr Erlanson
- Alison Davies as Mrs Segstrom
Save Money as a Garrick Member
Find out how to save money as a Garrick Member for as little as £20.00 per year.
Membership also shows your support for the theatre and can also open a whole new world for you – we are always looking for new talent, any age, to work in all areas of the theatre – no experience is necessary as you will be given full training by our qualified staff.
We promise you that the satisfaction of a job well done, will really surprise you, as well as new friends waiting to meet you. Please pick up an Application form from the Box Office or write to the Membership secretary, at the theatre.