This is a wonderful drama stuffed with exquisite visual images and soaring snatches of Mozart’s music which combine to make a great theatrical occasion.
In his old age court composer Salieri is recalling his apparently successful career, but unfortunately he is all too aware of his hollow achievements. His knowledge of fellow composer Mozart’s musical genius and his impoverished death make a bitter antidote to his public glory. The play is set in Vienna in November 1823 and, in recall, the decade 1781 – 1791.
- David Reynolds as Salieri
- Audrey Hughes as Madame Salieri
- Daniel Lewis as Mozart
- Emily Grossman as Constanza
- Sarah Taylor as Caterina
- Ros Greenwood as Ventocelli 1
- Juliet Wilson as Ventocelli 2
- Geoff Hinde as Emperor Joseph
- Brian Stoner as Count Orsini
- Frank Boylan as Kappelmeister/Cook
- Richard Frost as Baron von Sweeten
- Francis Lee as Johann Kilian von Strack
- John Newton as Majordomo
- David Watson as Servant/Valet
- Servants/Citizens played by
- Nick Barnard
- Simon O’Donovan
- Stephanie Hawthorn
- Alex Wilson
Save Money as a Garrick Member
Find out how to save money as a Garrick Member for as little as £20.00 per year.
Membership also shows your support for the theatre and can also open a whole new world for you – we are always looking for new talent, any age, to work in all areas of the theatre – no experience is necessary as you will be given full training by our qualified staff.
We promise you that the satisfaction of a job well done, will really surprise you, as well as new friends waiting to meet you. Please pick up an Application form from the Box Office or write to the Membership secretary, at the theatre.