Once a Catholic is set in the Convent of Our Lady of Fatima, a grammar school for girls, and in and around the streets of Willesden and Harlesden, London, in the late fifties.
The play centres on the adventures and misadventures of Mary Mooney, Mary McGinty and Mary Gallagher as they experience life in the fifth form under the tutelage of Mother Peter, Mother Basil and Mother Thomas Aquinas.
“A marvellous, irreverent, affectionate and warmly comic play about the confusions and contradictions and general awfulness of being a Catholic schooolgirl”. (Sheridan Morley, Punch)
- Patsy Roberts as Mother Peter
- Stella Fogg as Mother Basil
- Ruth Metcalfe as Mother Thomas Aquinas
- Stephanie Hawthorne as Mary McGinty
- Laura Chandler as Mary Gallagher
- Gemma Doherty as Mary Mooney
- Mark Butt as Derek
- Nick Barnard as Cuthbert
- Jo Freeman as Mary Flanagan
- Kate Dicker as Mary Hennessey
- David Richardson as Mr Emannuelli
- David Beddy as Father Mullarkey
Save Money as a Garrick Member
Find out how to save money as a Garrick Member for as little as £20.00 per year.
Membership also shows your support for the theatre and can also open a whole new world for you – we are always looking for new talent, any age, to work in all areas of the theatre – no experience is necessary as you will be given full training by our qualified staff.
We promise you that the satisfaction of a job well done, will really surprise you, as well as new friends waiting to meet you. Please pick up an Application form from the Box Office or write to the Membership secretary, at the theatre.