We are looking for volunteers in our props department.
We are looking for someone to take over the voluntary position of HEAD OF PROPS at Altrincham Garrick Playhouse.
We are looking for a creative, talented, pragmatic, friendly and organised team player to join our working volunteer community here at the Theatre.
The duties and responsibilities of the role include:
● Plan and execute the construction, sourcing, and/or purchasing of all prop elements for use in both rehearsal and performance.
● Maintain the highest standards of production quality, safety, and artistry.
● Maintain a clean, organised and safe working, including tools and storage
● Work with the Artistic Director, Director of each production and show designers to build elements as accurately as possible with available resources.
● Attend all production meetings, technical rehearsals, and other sessions as
● Keep an eye on the Props Budget, as well as production spends, providing all receipts and a full reconciliation to the Artistic Director on Opening Night.
This role has previously suited newly retired individuals and also people in full time employment. Due to the level of commitment required, we do need someone who can be at the Theatre a couple of times a week, at least, and we are also open to job shares and/ or the growth of the Props Department to develop a team of volunteers working together.
The various Props stores and areas are located at different points across the Theatre, and so the HEAD OF PROPS must be comfortable climbing up and down stairs.
Altrincham Garrick Playhouse is a registered charity and all production departments are run by volunteers. It is a social and creative hub and many of our volunteers find a happy home here; it is a great place to learn and develop skills and make new friends along the way.
If you’re interested, and wish to find out more, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and please include HEAD OF PROPS VACANCY in the subject heading.